Uro-gynaecology

Uro-gynaecology

Gynecology is a branch of medicine that studies the female reproductive system and breasts. Within this branch, obstetrics is a specialty, which deals with pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium (postpartum period). 

During pregnancy, vitamin D deficiency has been related to different maternal and fetal complications: gestational hypertension, preeclampsia, diabetes, bacterial vaginosis, increased risk of caesarean section in the first pregnancy, low birth weight, intrauterine growth retardation, alteration in fetal bone development, among others. In addition, the ability to synthesise vitamin D decreases with age, increasing the risk of osteoporosis during menopause.

Vitamins are essential nutrients, i.e., substances that are crucial for the development and proper functioning of the body. Together with minerals, they form the group of micronutrients, substances that the body needs only in small quantities. They play a fundamental role in the production of enzymes, hormones, and other substances necessary for the regulation of metabolism, the development and growth of tissues and the functioning of the body's organs, apparatuses and systems.

Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin produced by the human body that contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system, the maintenance of the skeletal system and the proper absorption of calcium and phosphorus. 90% is synthesizsed by a chemical reaction that takes place in the skin after exposure to sunlight. The remaining 10% comes from the diet, especially through the consumption of fish, liver, egg yolk or by taking specific dietary supplements.

IBSA Vitamin D3 is a vitamin D food supplement, with a pleasant orange flavour, marketed in the form of an orodispersible film that dissolves in the mouth in a few seconds, without the need for water, thanks to the exclusive IBSA FilmTec® technology.

IBSA: Uro-gynaecology